Click on header to return to front page.

HAIRsticks, not the eating utensils


For a brief period during my time in junior high, there was a "chopsticks" craze. Tween girls would purchase cheap, colorful plastic sticks with glued-on gems and stick them in their hair. I, too, was part of the wave until other kids started asking me if Chinese women really did put their main eating utensils into their hair. Annoyed, I stopped wearing my glittery sticks and waited for the trend to be over.

Almost a decade later, I'm thinking about the hair accessories again because, during a session of random browsing, I found several sites featuring HAIRSTICKS. Surprised, I clicked through, awed by the large selection, and saw some genuinely pretty items. I was also a little overwhelmed because each site had LOTS of items to click through.

Anyway, I settled on a favorite site, Long Locks, and the following images are from there.


Another nice site to browse through is Crystal Mood, which has an appealing selection of wood and jade hairsticks. This site's items tend to be less expensive than Long Lock's stuff, which seem to hover around $70. Screenshots of Crystal Mood below:





Think that this can be a trend again? Wouldn't they make a nice little holiday gift?

Monica Y.  – (December 15, 2009 at 8:59 PM)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monica Y.  – (December 15, 2009 at 9:03 PM)  

http://mp.hairboutique.com/category.asp?CtgID=212&SortBy=Name&REFID={206C36F6-DCF5-4D9E-B5A0-087B12AE47FF}&c1=ppc&source=google&kw=hairsticks&gclid=CI6kj96V2p4CFag65QodPGAWJA

The Gurl  – (April 19, 2010 at 3:19 PM)  

Hey Monica, thanks for the shoutout! You have good taste, you chose some of my personal favs to put on your site.

I don't know about hair sticks becoming a fad again, but I've been working my fingers to the bone for more than 10 years and have made almost 10,000 one-of-a-kind archived designs (handmade and one-of-a-kind would be just a couple reasons why mine are a bit more expensive than factory made hair accessories ;) Besides, who needs a fad to participate in the fun? I tend to go for the "timeless beauty" sort of thing meself, it lasts longer, lol! I'm glad you enjoy my work tho, fad or not :)

Susan Maxwell Schmidt
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP